Do you have a passion to advance our ambitious Emerald Trail vision? Do you want to be part of an organization that is committed to creating a more beautiful, sustainable, equitable and connected urban core? Groundwork Jacksonville has an opening for the following position(s):
Groundwork Jacksonville is an equal opportunity employer.
We consider applications for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation/identification or any legally protected status.
About Groundwork Jacksonville, Inc.
Groundwork Jacksonville, Inc. was established in 2014 and one of 21 Groundwork USA trusts across the country and the only trust in Florida.
Our mission is to bring about the sustained regeneration, improvement and management of the physical environment by developing community-based partnerships which empower people, businesses and organizations to promote environmental, economic and social well-being.
Our 10-Year Vision Statement
The Emerald Trail is a nationally recognized centerpiece attracting people to Jacksonville. It connects urban core neighborhoods that are valued as vital and desirable places to live, work, and visit. Jacksonville’s urban core neighborhoods are economically diverse and economically healthy. Urban core neighborhoods have a community ethic of active living and an outdoor orientation. Working together, neighbors are engaged in creating and sustaining their clean environment
Our Culture Measured by Our Behavior
- We create a safe environment for meaningful dialogue.
- We say what we mean and mean what we say.
- We have fun as a way to build a sense of community.
- We listen to understand.
- We respond to the needs of the community.
- We work to improve people’s lives in a meaningful way.
- We look for innovative ways to solve community issues.
- We ask different questions in different ways.
- We inspire others to be part of their community’s success
Change agent (creating a culture of change)
- We are committed to action.
- We are committed to work with, not in community.
- We foster the power in people for use in their own lives, their communities, and society.
- We base our decisions on research.
- We monitor and evaluate the impact of our work.
- We earn credibility by showing impact